getitdigital review: New Open and Look Video for the Canon EOS Rebel XSi (450D)
getitdigital review: We open the camera, go over the contents and then discuss some of the main features. There are also some sample photographs. You can view more open and look videos and read great articles on photography at http://www.getitdigital.wordpress.com or pick up great deals on the Canon XSi (450D) at http://www.getitdigital.com.
About The Camera
This is Canon’s fourth version of their tremendously popular entry-level digital SLR cameras. The Canon XSi has a lot of features from the more professional Canon 40D. From an image quality point of view the EOS 450D sets the standard for cameras at this level, and has a comprehensive feature set that lifts it above the typical ‘entry level’ device.
- 12.2-megapixel CMOS sensor
- DIGIC III image processor
- 14-bit analog to digital signal conversion
- 3.0-inch (76 mm) LCD monitor
- Live View mode
- Small and light body
- Wide, selectable, nine-point AF with centre cross-type sensors
- Four metering modes, using 35-zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.
- Built-in flash
- Auto lighting optimizer
- Highlight tone priority
- sRGB and AdobeRGB colour spaces
- ISO 100–1600
- Continuous drive up to 3.5 frame/s (53 images (JPEG), 6 images (RAW))
- Canon EF/EF-S lenses
- Canon EX Speedlites
- PAL/NTSC video output
- SD and SDHC memory card file storage
- File Formats include: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original, 2nd edition)
- RAW and large JPEG simultaneous recording
- USB 2.0 computer interface
This camera does not have video capabilities unlike the Canon T1i (500D) but does have that great image processor which will gives you sharp, clean and clear pics every time.